About our Club:-
The Norfolk Flyfishers Club was founded in 1969 and is believed to be the longest established fly fishing Club for Trout Anglers in the County of Norfolk. We currently own a 20 acre lake, which is a reclaimed gravel pit, situated approximately 15 miles northwest of the city of Norwich, just outside Swanton Morley village.
|East Bank||North Bank||South Bank|
|West Bank||Sunset||Winter Lake|
|Rainbow over Holkham||Always good to see youngsters fishing||Jim plays a fine trout|
|Ladies can do it too!||A range of bird life at lake||Swan at lake in full flight|
The aim of the Club is ‘to offer good value, flexible and affordable trout fishing to all in Norfolk and surrounding Counties.’ Our current membership of 175 anglers (Men and Ladies – age ranges 19 to 85) is drawn from right across the County and surrounds and from a very varied range of occupations and professions. The Club is run and managed by anglers for anglers on a non-profit making basis with any income over expenditure ploughed back into continually improving the Fishery and facilities we offer.
At the lake we provide a comfortable club house with tea and coffee making facilities; a booking in and weighing in facility; ladies and gents toilets and some shelters round the lake where members can escape the vagaries of our British weather when needed. In addition numerous fishing platforms have been erected, many with adjoining seats, thus enabling our members and guests to fish comfortably and safely.
Our trout season currently runs from 1st March to 31st January and during this period members can visit and fish as much as they like up to their weekly (currently 8 fish) and yearly (currently 100 fish) limits allow. For 2017 season we plan to stock approximately 8600 trout averaging 2lbs the majority of which will be rainbows with a sprinkling of Browns thrown in for good measure and interest. Also included will be some large fish of 5lb plus to compliment the estimated small number of large fish already in the lake which are between 8lb and 12lbs. Stocking is done on a weekly basis from mid February to end May during which time approx. 74% of our stock are introduced. No stocking takes place over June, July and August starting again in September when the remaining 26% will be put in between then and November. We expect each year, ignoring overwintered fish stocks, to catch approximately 81% of fish stocked and we put 75% of each members subscription into fish stocking.
For those of you who like a change from trout fishing members may also coarse fish our lake from mid July and end August (not Pike) and during November, December and January when pike fishing is allowed. Also if you like a spot of river fishing our adjoining stretch of the Wensum is well worth a cast or two for the chub and other fish it has to offer during the normal Coarse Fishing Season (June 16th to March 14th)
Although we are a ‘members only fly fishing Club’ members are provided with the opportunity to rod share and purchase guests tickets for both the trout and coarse fishing we have on offer.
Fees for the 2017 season which starts on 1st March 2017 are £300.00 per Season which allows you to catch up to 8 trout per week and 100 trout per Season. No catch and release is allowed at the Fishery. Members can include their Partner or one child in their membership for an additional £50.00. In addition there is a once payable joining fee of £60.00. Fees are reviewed yearly at our November AGM).
We are now taking names for our waiting list for 2017 season . An application form can be found on this website if you would like to apply or you can obtain further information, club rules etc. by contacting any of the following:-
Shaun Harvey (Membership Secretary) – Tel: 01603 881243
David Shannon (Secretary) – Tel: 01362 688111
Andrew Howell (Chairman) – Tel: 01953 604373
Barney Ryder (Treasurer) – Tel: 01328 701309
We look forward to hearing from you.